Facebook Group Members discuss What it feels like to have an Ice Pick Headache
-
what is an ice pick headache?
-
It feels like someone is hitting me in the top of my head with their fist. I can feel each blow and with each hit there is a sharp pain. I flinch with each hit and it lasts for maybe a minute at most. (I had to research it based on that description) It had me scared until I found out what it was. So if you picture someone holding an icepick and stabbing downward…. that’s it.
- Friday
-
Hi Erick,
The pains I get are triggered by turning my head.Pain usually in occipital area.It feels like I’ve been tapped on the head with a small hammer and sometimes a BIG hammer!! Sometimes they come in twos.Doubles ALWAYS in the same place.If I am carefully and turn my head gently after the first pain the second(if there is one)is lessoned.As a teen I always imagined it as someone snapping an elastic band on my skull.
I’m also getting a horrible aching to the couple inches behind the right ear.Can be pritty uncomfortabe.
I also suffer facial pain which is possibly trigeminal type 2.
I’d be interested in hearing discriptions of other peoples pain.I’m puzzled that mine are triggered by movement.
Will try to look up the IP org to. Thanks for the tip off.
Read Full Story at Ice Pick Headaches Group on Facebook


No comments:
Post a Comment